My photo
I am a 40ish girl who absolutely loves her life! I am blessed beyond all imagination - that doesn't mean times are always easy - but they are always do-able! My husband is so stinking cute!!!...and my kids are the greatest, I really like them a lot! We run our Century ranch together as a family, we put up our own hay, raise hereford/angus cross cattle, and do all the ranch work together as a family, with the help of "Papa", and our friendly neighbors. I love being a homemaker, helper, friend, mother, wife, coffee drinker, and stall mucker! Sometimes though - things happen around here that "I didn't sign up for"! Sometimes they are funny, sometimes not......

Monday, March 22, 2010

George, Reba, and Lee Ann, in five days......Woo Hoo!  We're taking off Thursday after school for the Big City of Portland, Or!  It'll take us about 6 hours to drive there.  Friday night we're going to "THE" concert and I'm so excited!  I'm not excited for myself (although I am hoping to get a nice toush shot of the Big Guy), but I'm excited for my kids.  Colten (16) and Lizzie (14) have always loved the Big Guy.  Colten swore up and down, when he was a wee one, that when he grew up he was moving to Texas to work on George Strait's ranch....LOL.

Ya know, I've been thinking.....I know that we'll be only a couple of fans in a huge venue - but we do count.  I can imagine that so many of the people that will be there have a "story" about George.  "I saw him in Tahoe when I was in College", "Remember when he had to cancel his appearance at our county fair", "You can't beat a classic George song when you ask your honey to dance", and my favorite "I love his wranglers".  I wish that there were some way that we could convey how much it means to us "civilians" to be able to witness such an awesome event.  Now I know that this isn't like the Presidential Inauguration or anything....but to us simple country folk - it's even Better!  I'm breaking out my best pair of cute jeans, getting a new shirt, and polishing my boots for this one!  (while during the election coverage, I sat on the couch in my pj's, flipping between CNN and "House Hunters" - No Comparison)

Any how....excited to go see my guy.  But will definately miss my boyfriend (aka husband) while I'm gone.  "Take care of the cows Honey, Momma's going to town!".....

No comments:

Post a Comment