My photo
I am a 40ish girl who absolutely loves her life! I am blessed beyond all imagination - that doesn't mean times are always easy - but they are always do-able! My husband is so stinking cute!!!...and my kids are the greatest, I really like them a lot! We run our Century ranch together as a family, we put up our own hay, raise hereford/angus cross cattle, and do all the ranch work together as a family, with the help of "Papa", and our friendly neighbors. I love being a homemaker, helper, friend, mother, wife, coffee drinker, and stall mucker! Sometimes though - things happen around here that "I didn't sign up for"! Sometimes they are funny, sometimes not......

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Buster

Okay, we have quite a few animals on the ranch.  Some we use as income, some we use to herd the income, some are used for mealtime, and some are just plain useless.

A useful animal is one that can provide something.  ie, food, warmth, comfort, that sorta thing.
A useless animals is one that your daughter falls in love with and brings home.

Buster is Lizzie's newest love.  We have a few cats around the ranch, they are great for keeping the country mouse out of the country (I'm sure some do move in with their city cousins).  Lizzie decided that we needed a cute little kitty to have in the house.  I agreed for two reasons, one - I do like kitties, and two - there are mouse dropping in my cupboard  (GROSS)!

Cousin Lori provided cute little Roxy for us.  Lizzie picked her out and brought her home.  We all fell in love, she is the cutest darn kitty, looks like a siamese and very loving and playful.  Then, it happened, one day Roxy grew balls.  Yes, you read that right, she grew balls.  Roxy turned into Buster. 

Since Lizzie said it was a girl kitty, I never dreampt to confirm the sex.  Lizzie is a pretty darn smart little rancher girl and definately in tune to all of the animals around.  But,,,,life does play tricks, and RoxyakaBuster was one.  Oh well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment